11.03.2008

Here We Go!

Thank you Dayva! And thank you all the bloggers from the challenge that came before me. I really enjoyed reading your stories. I'd like to start with my inspiration that made me want to take part in helping promote sustainability.

The Story of Stuff with Annie Leonard is an excellent look on how we as Americans over consume, and where our stuff comes from and where it goes when we're done with it.

A little about me: I am 25 years old, and live in Philadelphia. I work as a technician in a Doctor's office.

Challenge number 1: Work. Working in a Doctor's office, I use a lot of tissues for cleaning equipment. This is their policy, so there is little I can do except try to conserve as much as I can.

Challenge number 2: Here in the great state of Pennsylvania they only recycle Number 1 & 2 plastics, I save all of my 3-7 plastics to later take to a recycling plant.

Okay, I have to run off to work now, but please check out The Story of Stuff and pass it on to people you know. I will be back soon with another post, promise!

-Jess

3 comments:

trashed out said...

oh that is so great I have been wanting to put on a link to The Story of Stuff. Thanks!

Katie said...

Beautiful Ed Hardy,ed hardy ed hardy clothing ,ed hardy
shirts,Adidas,NIKE Dunks,True Religion Jeans,Bapes hoodies,Timberland
boots and much more are available here at discounted rates with FREE
shipping http://www.raininghollywood.com/

Masud Khan said...

Nice and very useful topic that is very need able for us.

dog Waste bags