9.03.2008

Afternoon Trash Doldrums



Today was going so well. At lunch I took all the recyclables from the team and brought them back to the office to be recycled. There were milk cartons, sandwich cartons, and more. There were two Styrofoam trays which I brought back to the office for them to reuse tomorrow and forever. So I was thinking hurray I went through all morning and lunch and NO TRASH.

Then as usual I wanted to chew gum. But I am switching to mints. I go get a mint (thinking I will avoid the hot ball FAIL from yesterday). I pop the mint in my mouth without hesitating. UGH plastic wrap. TRASHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

4 comments:

:: A S K :: said...

why don't you purchase a thing of Altoids? Those containers are great to reuse for little knicknacks, spare change, etc.

shannon said...

That is a good idea. I was also thinking of getting some of those sticks that you can chew on. I think they are ginger. I need to make it over to whole foods and see what they have.

:: A S K :: said...

Actually, I suppose what you should really try to do is make your own mint candy! http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,177,135183-245194,00.html

shannon said...

Yum. Except I wont wrap them in wax paper as the recipe suggests. That would be a no no.