7.28.2008

3 days left to accept the challenge

It's time for me to pass the blog! Who's going to step up? It's actually a lot of fun~I swear. I'm going to miss the blogging part the most. I had a really great first week but after that, it was all downhill. I wish that when I accepted, I had known about the huge photoshoot obstacle. I'm disappointed that I didn't find a better way of handling that. Live and learn. On my next shoot, I'll be on the Big Island of Hawaii and hopefully able to take advantage of the great farmer's markets they have all over the place there. Also, I plan to stay a bit longer and camp on my own, so I hope to be much more low-impact than that last trip. But coming back from eating poorly, fueling up on iced coffees and being surrounded by strip malls and take out (at least in La Quinta, CA), also made it hard to get back on track when I returned. It's so hard to go from eating badly every day to eating fruit and salads. Detox!

8 comments:

ALMOST MRS AVERAGE said...

Good luck in finding the next person to take up the challenge. I've loved following your account. The experience is amazing isn't it ;-D

trashed out said...

Having lived in Hawaii for 4 years I can honestly say being trash free will be quite a challenge. Hawaii produces so much garbage and no real recycling programs to speak of. I strongly suggest making a little kit to take with you of a reusable bag, tupperware container, reusable coffee cup (good for ice and hot), and an extra bag to pack anything that can be recycled on the mainland (if you dont mind bringing it back with you!)
Good Luck Ashley!!!

:: A S K :: said...

oh man! I just can't win!

Jessica said...

speaking of hawaii, have you guys found anyone to keep this challenge going??? this is stressing me out, this blog is too good to let dwindle...

:: A S K :: said...

Hey Jessica ... nope, still no takers. Are you up for it?!

Jessica said...

gah. well let me hurry up and throw some things out tonight...cause i guess it's time. i'm so mad at faith right now for turning me on to this blog!

:: A S K :: said...

Does that mean you're going to be our August challenger?! That's exciting.

Email me at askdzign@gmail.com and I can set you up as a blog team member.

Jessica said...

count me in! you and dayva each did an amazing job. wish me luck kids! and thanks for the opportunity.